SFPE Definition of Professional Services/Profession
Fire Protection Engineers and including:
- Design of fire protection systems including, but not limited to, sprinkler, suppression, fire alarm, releasing systems, detection, smoke control and inerting systems for contractors, individuals, or other entities.
- Renew and approval of fire protection systems.
- Onsite testing of such systems installed by other contractors.
- Performance of hydrant flow tests or other tests to verify adequacy of water supply for various fire sprinkler and suppression systems.
- Consultation with contractors, insurance company representatives, fire code officials, building code officials, authorities having jurisdiction, and other government agencies on a contractual basis.
- Service as the fire protection "designer of record" assisting design.
- Performance of comprehensive building life safety/code analysis including multi-discipline analysis of life safety systems, egress, and pertinent life safety codes.
- Sub-consulting services performed for various architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Inspection of existing and new fire protection systems installed by other contractors.
- Instruction/teaching on fire protection related topics.